- Paris-The City of Lights sounded even more beautiful in Anna and the French Kiss.
- London-This city sounds so unique in the Victorian mystery novels I read, like The Agency and Enola Holmes series.
- Jamlee,India-This small town and the area around it enchanted me when I read Keeping Corner.
- Russia-A large amount of this captivating country was shown in Anastasia’s Secret.
I just discovered a Japanese artist, Shintaro Ohata. His creations show the special parts of everyday life like riding a bicycle, watching the sunrise, and venturing into town. His art has color themes to give off a certain feel and are very effective in creating a mood. The thing that makes Ohata’s art unique, however, is his technique of painting scenes then sculpting the characters to put in front of the paintings. The characters look truly larger than life this way.
There is something about the ocean that makes me feel free. I’m not lucky enough to live near it, so I like to visit as often as I can. I am really missing the sea right now as summer approaches, but hopefully I can take a trip soon. I love traveling, but there are so many places I have never been to. What are your favorite places?
- The Running Dream-This is a novel about a runner, Jessica, who loses her leg in a car accident. She learns to work through the pain and struggle to achieve her dream to run again. It could give Soul Surfer a run for its money as a movie.
- The Flavia de Luce Series-These compelling and witty mysteries follow eleven year old Flavia through the twists and turns of complicated schemes.
- The Penderwicks Series- These books embody the feeling of family and closeness for me, and the first novel would be a great summer blockbuster.
- Revolution is Not a Dinner Party- This book describes the later years of Chairman Mao’s power in the point of view of a young girl named Ling. As a movie it would bring up important Chinese history as well as being inspiring.
- Little Women and Me- This story is about a girl who gets sucked into the book Little Women and becomes a sister. I think this would be an interesting contrast between centuries.
- Anne Frank Remembered- This book shows the other side of the Anne Frank’s story-the story of Miep Gies, the woman who helped them in hiding. This movie would show another side to the well known Holocaust books and movies.
- Magic in Manhattan Series- These flirty and fun books would make great chick flicks.
- Forgive My Fins- This great tale of a mermaid princess has an enthralling storyline as well as opportunities for awesome sets.
- Heist Society- A thrilling tale that would make a good action movie with an intriguing plot.
- Love Inc.- A lovely book with a fresh take on romance that would be refreshing for movie theaters everywhere.